Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kurt Vile & The Violators @ Northcote Social Club (2011-12-05)

I hadn't listened much to Kurt Vile's records before this gig, but bought a ticket based on rave reviews of his live shows from people I trust, and I'm glad I did. I'm still not crazy about his albums but really loved this performance. There was an intensity, especially in such an intimate venue, and especially with the songs performed solo, that doesn't translate well to record for me. Anyone who was at the gig might notice this is missing the last song of the set, apologies, the mic cable came loose. What I did manage to get turned out well though!


Setlist:
1. Blackberry Song
2. Runner Up
3. Jesus Fever
4. On Tour
5. Freeway
6. Ghost Town
7. Hunchback
8. Freak Train
9. Peeping Tomboy
10. My Best Friends (Don't Even Pass This)
11. Puppet To The Man
12. Society Is My Friend
13. [crowd cheers for encore]
14. Baby's Arms
15. Downbound Train

Length: 1:23:53

FLAC (457MB)
MP3 (V0) (123MB)

No comments:

Post a Comment