Friday, March 1, 2013

Against Me! @ The HiFi (2013-01-22)

Supported by The Smith Street Band and Fear Like Us


The Smith Street Band
I unfortunately missed Fear Like Us but made damn sure I got there in time for The Smith Street Band who I wanted to see almost as much as the headline band tonight. As usual they played a brilliant set and really got the crowd going to the point that I was a little worried they might show up the main act. I was also surprised how many people were singing along considering it was a support slot.

Setlist:
1. Sunshine & Technology
2. I Ain't Safe
3. What's Changed
4. Tom Busby
5. I Want Friends
6. When I Was a Boy I Thought I Was a Fish
7. Postcodes (For People Who Will Not Arrest Me)
8. Young Drunk

Length: 39:54
Download

Against Me!
As it turned out no one can show up Against Me! cause they're still one of the best live bands on the planet. Epic 24 song set though it would have been perfect if they'd played even just one more song from RAR. New drummer looked like he was having fun and did a good job. Not much else to say, can't wait for them to come back again and hope the new album is good!

Setlist:

1. Pints of Guinness Make You Strong
2. White Crosses
3. True Trans Soul Rebel
4. Don't Lose Touch
5. New Wave
6. Walking Is Still Honest
7. Americans Abroad
8. White People for Peace
9. I Was a Teenage Anarchist
10. Turn Those Clapping Hands Into Angry Balled Fists
11. Osama Bin Laden as the Crucified Christ
12. Up the Cuts
13. Miami
14. Pretty Girls (The Mover)
15. The Ocean
16. Black Me Out
17. Drinking with the Jocks
18. Because of the Shame
19. Thrash Unreal
Encore:
20. Joy
21. Transgender Dysphoria Blues
22. Cliché Guevara
23. Piss and Vinegar
24. Sink, Florida, Sink

Length: 1:22:11
Download


1 comment: